GDPR & Paper Documents
Data Security for paper documents, records and files | GDPR Regulation and Requirements
For the data that has been printed out e.g. emails, client files, reports, documents etc. one should make sure that:
- Only appropriate staff have the ability to print items
- Once printed that items are not left on the printer, but filed corrected
- Any binder, folder is stowed in its designated filing cabinet and those can be locked and are access controlled
- Any room which holds personal data files should be locked and access controlled
- When disposing of personal data files, one should destroy it on the spot using a paper shredder or employ certified professional services to do so in a compliant manner.
Data Security for paper documents is an important component of GDPR regulation.
Check our GDPR Knowledge Base covering Data Security or our post about GDPR Compliance checklist for the SME.