GDPR & Paper Documents
Data Security for paper documents, records and files | GDPR Regulation and Requirements
For the data that has been printed out e.g. emails, client files, reports, documents etc. one should make sure that:
- Only appropriate staff have the ability to print items
- Once printed that items are not left on the printer, but filed corrected
- Any binder, folder is stowed in its designated filing cabinet and those can be locked and are access controlled
- Any room which holds personal data files should be locked and access controlled
- When disposing of personal data files, one should destroy it on the spot using a paper shredder or employ certified professional services to do so in a compliant manner.
Data Security for paper documents is an important component of GDPR regulation.