GDPR Policy Template UK
The UK’s data protection law also known as “UK GDPR,” went into effect on January 1, 2021. It is the UK’s post-Brexit version of the European GDPR and still very much aligns to the European GDPR regulation. Therefore,the data protection principles and core rules are still identical.
Do note that the territorial scope of course differs:
- The UK GDPR applies to companies that collect, store, or process personal information about UK nationals; even if those companies do not reside in the UK.
- The EU GDPR applies to companies that collect, store, or process personal information about EU nationals; even if those companies do not reside in the EU.
A few facts about UK GDPR – what is GDPR UK?
- Firstly, UK GDPR is the UK’s version of European GDPR regulation. It was established after the UK left the EU (Brexit) and came into effect on January 1, 2021.
- It is almost the same as the EU GDPR, but it goes further on three topics: National security, espionage, and immigration.
- The UK GDPR combines the EU GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- The Information Commissioner (ICO) is in charge of making sure that UK GDPR is followed.
- UK-GDPR is that the age of valid consent is lowered to 13 years in the UK compared with 16 years in the EU.
- Moreover, to process personal data, you need to have a valid legal reason to do so.
- Consent, the performance of a contract, a legitimate interest, a vital interest, a legal requirement, and a public interest are the six legal bases to processing.
- Under UK GDPR, the transfer of data from the UK to the EEA is allowed.
- Also, as of the UK adequacy decision in June 2021, data can also be sent from the EU to the UK (valid till June 2025).
- Businesses can transfer data from the UK to third countries like the US, Canada, etc., as long as they follow certain rules and safeguards.
- Lastly, for companies that have both UK and EU users are required to comply with both UK GDPR and EU GDPR. Find the full text of the UK GDPR.
GDPR Policy Template UK – drafting a GDPR Policy template for a UK company is not an easy task. Therefore, consider using our GDPR compliance tool to make it easier, in a few easy steps get your GDPR Policy template UK, ready to implement.
GDPR Policy Template UK
1. Select your industry sector
2. Confirm your business processes
3. Generate your Privacy Policies
4. Our updates keep you in the green
As a company that deals with personal data on UK nationals you must follow the rules of the UK GDPR. With GDPRWise, experts in your field show you how to take the next steps toward GDPR compliance. Our tools and services make it easy to meet the requirements of both the UK GDPR and the EU GDPR. You can generate your UK GDPR Policy template, thanks to our GDPR Compliance Software for the SME, in a few easy steps. This will help you set up your business for success.
Our GDPR compliance software can generate all of the documents that the GDPR regulation requires: